- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Rockford Area Pregnancy Care Center to host annual banquet
• Annual fund-raising banquet will be Friday, April 20, at Giovanni’s Restaurant
Rockford Area Pregnancy Care Center (RAPCC) will host their Annual Fundraising Banquet this year on Friday, April 20, at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the event runs until 9 p.m.
The evening will feature keynote speaker Dr. Marc Newman, a pro-life advocate and the founder-president of FRONTLINE Communication Services.
Dr. Newman has been a featured speaker at the CareNet National Conference, the National Right to Life Convention, the Heartbeat International Convention, and many others.
Tickets for the event are $30 per person, or tables of 10 can be sponsored for $300. Supporters can register at http://rapcc.eventbrite.com or by calling Karen at (815) 997-1200 or e-mailing Karen@rapcc.org.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue