- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
- Impacts of low oil prices
- Monica Lewinsky takes aim at online bullying
- Beware of online Halloween scams
- Rockton Lions raise funds for Talcott Free Library during Oct. 10 Candy Day
- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
Rockford Area Pregnancy Care Center to host annual banquet
• Annual fund-raising banquet will be Friday, April 20, at Giovanni’s Restaurant
Rockford Area Pregnancy Care Center (RAPCC) will host their Annual Fundraising Banquet this year on Friday, April 20, at Giovanni’s Restaurant, 610 N. Bell School Road. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the event runs until 9 p.m.
The evening will feature keynote speaker Dr. Marc Newman, a pro-life advocate and the founder-president of FRONTLINE Communication Services.
Dr. Newman has been a featured speaker at the CareNet National Conference, the National Right to Life Convention, the Heartbeat International Convention, and many others.
Tickets for the event are $30 per person, or tables of 10 can be sponsored for $300. Supporters can register at http://rapcc.eventbrite.com or by calling Karen at (815) 997-1200 or e-mailing Karen@rapcc.org.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue