- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
Young musicians recital April 21
Rockford’s Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present local music students in the Young Musicians Series Recital, “The Magic of Music,” at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, April 21.
The recital, which is free to the public, will be in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
The recital will be devoted to ensemble performances, including duets, trios, quartets, quintets and vocal performances with accompanist, by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. A brief reception will follow the recital.
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents three free Young Musicians Series Recitals per concert season. The recitals take place in November, January and April. Each recital is devoted to a specific genre of music, such as blues and jazz, or classical and romantic.
The purpose of this series is to offer local music students the opportunity to perform for the public and to develop their poise, memory and concentration skills, and performance etiquette. Students interested in performing in the series should contact Jea Yi, recital chairman, at (815) 544-4614 or email@example.com.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue