- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
- A closer look at fracking for natural gas
- Susan Johnson, copy editor, moves on after 21 years
- Guest Column: Clean Water Act: Supporters of clean water must make their voices heard
Young musicians recital April 21
Rockford’s Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present local music students in the Young Musicians Series Recital, “The Magic of Music,” at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, April 21.
The recital, which is free to the public, will be in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
The recital will be devoted to ensemble performances, including duets, trios, quartets, quintets and vocal performances with accompanist, by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. A brief reception will follow the recital.
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents three free Young Musicians Series Recitals per concert season. The recitals take place in November, January and April. Each recital is devoted to a specific genre of music, such as blues and jazz, or classical and romantic.
The purpose of this series is to offer local music students the opportunity to perform for the public and to develop their poise, memory and concentration skills, and performance etiquette. Students interested in performing in the series should contact Jea Yi, recital chairman, at (815) 544-4614 or email@example.com.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue