- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
- Rockford’s Discovery Center presents ‘Spooky Science’ Oct. 25
- Academic Dr. Duke Pesta speaks against Common Core, part 2
- Rockford Record Crawl 2014 celebrates music, indie retailers
- Early voting continues after ballot error corrected
- Caruana outpacing Springer in money race for sheriff
- Week 8 NFL picks: Lions, Packers will continue to share NFC North lead
Young musicians recital April 21
Rockford’s Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present local music students in the Young Musicians Series Recital, “The Magic of Music,” at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, April 21.
The recital, which is free to the public, will be in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
The recital will be devoted to ensemble performances, including duets, trios, quartets, quintets and vocal performances with accompanist, by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. A brief reception will follow the recital.
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents three free Young Musicians Series Recitals per concert season. The recitals take place in November, January and April. Each recital is devoted to a specific genre of music, such as blues and jazz, or classical and romantic.
The purpose of this series is to offer local music students the opportunity to perform for the public and to develop their poise, memory and concentration skills, and performance etiquette. Students interested in performing in the series should contact Jea Yi, recital chairman, at (815) 544-4614 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue