- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
- Charges re-filed against seven Hells Angels
Young musicians recital April 21
Rockford’s Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center will present local music students in the Young Musicians Series Recital, “The Magic of Music,” at 1:30 p.m., Saturday, April 21.
The recital, which is free to the public, will be in the Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center’s Emerson Auditorium, 415 N. Church St., Rockford.
The recital will be devoted to ensemble performances, including duets, trios, quartets, quintets and vocal performances with accompanist, by talented music students from the northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin area. A brief reception will follow the recital.
Mendelssohn Performing Arts Center presents three free Young Musicians Series Recitals per concert season. The recitals take place in November, January and April. Each recital is devoted to a specific genre of music, such as blues and jazz, or classical and romantic.
The purpose of this series is to offer local music students the opportunity to perform for the public and to develop their poise, memory and concentration skills, and performance etiquette. Students interested in performing in the series should contact Jea Yi, recital chairman, at (815) 544-4614 or email@example.com.
From the April 18-24, 2012, issue