- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Ethnic Heritage Museum fund-raiser April 27
Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM) will host a “Celebrating Our Heritage” fund-raiser from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 27. The event will be at Cliffbreakers Riverside Resort, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
Tickets are $45 for adults and $15 for children younger than 12, or $360 for a table of eight.
The event will celebrate ethnic musical traditions of African-American, German, Hispanic, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish and Swedish pioneers who were the first to ford the Rock River and build what would become the city of Rockford. Silent auction items and raffle tickets will also be offered.
The museum, 1129 S. Main St., Rockford, is adding 1,800 square feet of space for a multipurpose room, accessible restrooms, a library, office, kitchenette and basement. All proceeds from “Celebrate Our Musical Heritage” will help support the museum’s Capital Building Campaign.
To make reservations for “Celebrate Our Musical Heritage” or for more information about the EHM, visit www.EthnicHeritageMuseum.org or contact Barb Berman at (815) 289-3551.
Located in a historic, six-room 1890 home, the EHM houses fascinating gallery displays of the six primary immigrant groups that originally settled in southwest Rockford: African-American, Irish, Lithuanian, Polish, Italian and Hispanic. The museum’s mission is to preserve these and other cultures in the city.
The EHM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax-exempt.
From the April 25-May 1, 2012, issue