- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
- ABC Supply acquires Siding World
- IceHogs recall Jamie Wise, next home game Dec. 26
- Jimmy Clausen to start for Bears Sunday against Lions
Ethnic Heritage Museum fund-raiser April 27
Rockford’s Ethnic Heritage Museum (EHM) will host a “Celebrating Our Heritage” fund-raiser from 5 to 9 p.m., Friday, April 27. The event will be at Cliffbreakers Riverside Resort, 700 W. Riverside Blvd., Rockford.
Tickets are $45 for adults and $15 for children younger than 12, or $360 for a table of eight.
The event will celebrate ethnic musical traditions of African-American, German, Hispanic, Irish, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish and Swedish pioneers who were the first to ford the Rock River and build what would become the city of Rockford. Silent auction items and raffle tickets will also be offered.
The museum, 1129 S. Main St., Rockford, is adding 1,800 square feet of space for a multipurpose room, accessible restrooms, a library, office, kitchenette and basement. All proceeds from “Celebrate Our Musical Heritage” will help support the museum’s Capital Building Campaign.
To make reservations for “Celebrate Our Musical Heritage” or for more information about the EHM, visit www.EthnicHeritageMuseum.org or contact Barb Berman at (815) 289-3551.
Located in a historic, six-room 1890 home, the EHM houses fascinating gallery displays of the six primary immigrant groups that originally settled in southwest Rockford: African-American, Irish, Lithuanian, Polish, Italian and Hispanic. The museum’s mission is to preserve these and other cultures in the city.
The EHM is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Donations are tax-exempt.
From the April 25-May 1, 2012, issue