- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Generations Fashion Show April 28 at Ellis Arts Academy
The National Council of Negro Women, Inc. (NCNW), Rockford Section, will present the Generations Fashion Show from 4 to 7 p.m., Saturday, April 28, at Ellis Arts Academy, 222 S. Central Ave., Rockford.
The event is a fund-raiser for the Black Family Reunion, to be held Aug. 17-19.
The Generations Fashion Show brings together the old and young. Multiple generations from different families will grace the stage donning apparel from several sponsors.
The annual event shows fashions from generations past, present and future. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased through NCNW members, or by calling (815) 601-6904 or e-mailing email@example.com.
From the April 25-May 1, 2012, issue