- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Golf: Registration under way for Park District golf programs
Children, youth and adults can learn and enjoy the lifetime leisure sport of golf through a variety of Rockford Park District lesson and skill enhancement programs. Instruction throughout the season is offered for ages 5-7 through adult.
Rockford Park District hosts and participates in a variety of tournaments for players of all ages. Youth camps and clinics (including girls’ LPGA and boys’ PGA golf academies), adult skill-specific clinics, lessons designed for seniors, lefties, ladies and teachers and friends are also offered; private lessons can also be arranged.
Registration for golf programs is under way; online registration is available for most programs at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by fax with credit card, mail or at Park District Customer Service locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park).
Registration, program descriptions, schedules and fees are available on the website at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800, where information about disability support and adapted golf programs is also available.
From the April 25-May 1, 2012, issue