- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
- Something is rotten in the state of US education
Golf: Registration under way for Park District golf programs
Children, youth and adults can learn and enjoy the lifetime leisure sport of golf through a variety of Rockford Park District lesson and skill enhancement programs. Instruction throughout the season is offered for ages 5-7 through adult.
Rockford Park District hosts and participates in a variety of tournaments for players of all ages. Youth camps and clinics (including girls’ LPGA and boys’ PGA golf academies), adult skill-specific clinics, lessons designed for seniors, lefties, ladies and teachers and friends are also offered; private lessons can also be arranged.
Registration for golf programs is under way; online registration is available for most programs at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by fax with credit card, mail or at Park District Customer Service locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park).
Registration, program descriptions, schedules and fees are available on the website at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800, where information about disability support and adapted golf programs is also available.
From the April 25-May 1, 2012, issue