- The Odds Man: NFL QBs holding up Vegas in Week 9
- Murder charges filed in crash that killed Rockford attorney
- General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Madigan, Kinzinger
- IceHogs squeak by Grand Rapids behind strong Leighton showing
- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
Golf: Registration under way for Park District golf programs
Children, youth and adults can learn and enjoy the lifetime leisure sport of golf through a variety of Rockford Park District lesson and skill enhancement programs. Instruction throughout the season is offered for ages 5-7 through adult.
Rockford Park District hosts and participates in a variety of tournaments for players of all ages. Youth camps and clinics (including girls’ LPGA and boys’ PGA golf academies), adult skill-specific clinics, lessons designed for seniors, lefties, ladies and teachers and friends are also offered; private lessons can also be arranged.
Registration for golf programs is under way; online registration is available for most programs at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by fax with credit card, mail or at Park District Customer Service locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park).
Registration, program descriptions, schedules and fees are available on the website at Park District Customer Service and facilities, or by calling (815) 987-8800, where information about disability support and adapted golf programs is also available.
From the April 25-May 1, 2012, issue