- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Meet John Doe: Rockford could benefit from the new Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute in Chicago
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
Guitar classes offered April 28 at Rock Valley College
Online Staff Report
If you have always wanted to learn how to play the guitar, but are never able to find the time for lessons, you will want to mark down 9:30 a.m.-noon, April 28, on your calendar. That’s when Rock Valley College (RVC) brings in Craig Coffman to teach his very popular class, “Instant Guitar for Hopelessly Busy Adults and Teens.”
This one-time class will teach the basics about playing chords on the guitar so you can start having fun right away playing your favorite songs.
You don’t need to know anything at all about music or the guitar to attend the class. The class is designed for the absolute beginner. No one will be put “on the spot” or embarrassed. If you have the desire and the motivation to practice, you can learn this instrument. The emphasis is on learning for your own enjoyment and having fun.
A second class, “How to Play Guitar By Ear,” is also being offered the same day, 1-3:30 p.m., April 28. This class builds on the information taught in the first class and teaches students how to play without the use of any written materials at all. A special discount is also offered to students who sign up for both guitar classes.
Register online at www.rockvalleycollege.edu/ceonline. For more information, call RVC Community Education at (815) 921-3900.
Students should bring their own acoustic guitars to the classes.
Posted April 25, 2012