- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Health and healing benefits offered through Qigong class
Online Staff Report
Saturday, April 28, at 10 a.m., tens of thousands of cities, in more than 70 nations, will be celebrating World Tai Chi and Qigong Day (www.worldtaichiday.org/ABOUTwtcqd.html), coming together to promote the benefits of these Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) therapies that have been passed on and utilized for thousands of years.
Northern Illinois Medical Group (5301 E. State St., Ste. 101, Rockford) is excited to introduce the Rockford community to the opportunity to be a part of the growing awareness of these benefits. NIMG will be offering beginning Qigong classes to the public with the first session starting at the beginning of April. There will be one (possibly two, depending on demand) viewing day offered for a sneak peek to learn more about Qigong for beginners. Classes will be held on Wednesday evenings and will run in 7-8-week sessions based on demand and class progression. Class size is limited, spots will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The cost will depend on the length of the session; more information can be found by calling (815) 397-8500.
Qigong has been called the “new yoga,” although the practice dates back thousands of years to ancient China. “Qi” means “life force” or “vital energy of the body,” and “gong” means accomplishment or skill that is cultivated through steady practice. According to Qigong Master Tianyou Hao, “A Qigong form is a specific mental and/or physical exercise or coordination of a series of exercises all prescribed to train, develop and condition the mind and body for the purpose of health, healing, longevity, and opening wisdom” (from Master Hao’s Qigong Instructor Training Course).
Northern Illinois Medical Group provides a multi-disciplinary approach to healthcare allowing comprehensive diagnosis to treat the cause, not just the symptoms. Community education on health issues is a priority. For more information about NIMG, call (815) 397-8500 or visit them online at www.nimedgroup.com.
Posted April 25, 2012