- Nov. 4 General Election Endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election Endorsements: Elect Sheila Simons as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
- Freshmen in Rockford schools beat state average in ‘on track’ to graduate
Klehm Arboretum seeks vendors for Garden Fair
Klehm Arboretum is calling for vendors to join them at the 19th Annual Garden Fair. If you sell outdoor living or garden-related items, you are invited to participate in the nation’s largest outdoor living marketplace.
Held on Klehm’s beautiful grounds at 2715 S. Main St., Rockford, Garden Fair is always on the first weekend in June. More than 5,000 shoppers attend each year, looking for flowers, shrubs, tools, art and other garden-related items. This year’s event will be from noon to 8 p.m., Friday, June 1; 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., Saturday, June 2; and 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Sunday, June 3. Vendor applications are available online at klehm.org or by calling (815) 965-8146 to receive one by mail.
From the April 25-May 1, 2012, issue