- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Rays of Hope cancer ceremony April 29 at Nicholas Conservatory
Online Staff Report
The American Cancer Society (ACS) estimates that more than 1.6 million cases of cancer were diagnosed in 2011. Sunday, April 29, the SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center will host Rays of Hope, a ceremony of reflection, remembrance and hope for anyone whose life has been or is being touched by cancer.
The event will be from 2 to 4 p.m. at Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens, 1354 N. Second St., Rockford.
Each year, the Regional Cancer Center sponsors this event for the community to honor cancer survivors and caregivers, to celebrate life and give hope, and to remember those lost to cancer.
Speakers this year are survivors and caregivers relating their stories about how they have traveled through their journey. Following the ceremony, light refreshments will be served.
Limited seating is available. To register, call SwedishAmerican’s HealthConnect service at (815) 968-2500. For more details, call SwedishAmerican’s Regional Cancer Center at (815) 489-4884.
SwedishAmerican Regional Cancer Center
At SwedishAmerican, patients benefit from the region’s largest number of oncology physicians and a nationally certified staff of nurses, radiation therapists, physicists, social workers, pharmacists, chaplains and dieticians who work together to provide a unique team approach to cancer care.
SwedishAmerican is moving forward with plans to build and operate a free-standing outpatient cancer center in collaboration with UW Health and its nationally recognized University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center.
SwedishAmerican Health System
SwedishAmerican is a not-for-profit, locally-governed health care system with headquarters in Rockford. The health system is composed of two hospitals, 30 clinics, a home health care agency, a foundation, and has an exclusive affiliation with UW Health in northern Illinois.
Posted April 25, 2012