- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
Winnebago County CASA Program to hold auction and dinner event April 27
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program, celebrating their 25th anniversary year, will hold their fund-raiser, the 18th Annual Celebrity Treasures Dinner & Auction, Friday evening, April 27, at Forest Hills Country Club, 5135 Forest Hills Road.
A social hour and silent auction will begin the evening at 6 p.m. Dinner will begin at 7 p.m. with a speaker and live auction following dinner.
A 50/50 raffle, with three winners, will be drawn at the event. You need not be present to win. Raffle tickets are $10 each or three for $25 and may be purchased online at www.winnebagocountycasa.org or by calling the office at (815) 319-6880. The event ticket price is $60 per person.
Our children are the truest victims — abused or neglected in their homes, by a parent or caretaker. They have done nothing wrong and deserve all the help we can give them. The ultimate goal is a safe, permanent home for each child. CASA volunteers, who are appointed by the Juvenile Abuse & Neglect Court judge to act as Guardian ad litem, advocate for abused and neglected children during court proceedings. Recommendations are made to the judge about what CASA believes to be in the best interest of the children.
Join CASA for this fun-filled night to help support the children of our community and celebrate 25 years of advocating in court for abused and neglected children, who can now celebrate their placement in a safe, permanent and nurturing home.
If you’re interested in becoming a CASA, contact the office at (815) 319-6880. Training sessions are held twice a year. For the fund-raiser, contact Zan Picchioni at (815) 262-3856 for more information, or e-mail Zan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted April 25, 2012