- Two adults, two kids dead in Dec. 20 Rockford shooting
- Teen in custody following shooting on Crestview
- Man sentenced to 38 years for May 2008 murder
- EarthTalk: Still in denial about climate
- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
Winnebago County CASA Program to hold auction and dinner event April 27
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program, celebrating their 25th anniversary year, will hold their fund-raiser, the 18th Annual Celebrity Treasures Dinner & Auction, Friday evening, April 27, at Forest Hills Country Club, 5135 Forest Hills Road.
A social hour and silent auction will begin the evening at 6 p.m. Dinner will begin at 7 p.m. with a speaker and live auction following dinner.
A 50/50 raffle, with three winners, will be drawn at the event. You need not be present to win. Raffle tickets are $10 each or three for $25 and may be purchased online at www.winnebagocountycasa.org or by calling the office at (815) 319-6880. The event ticket price is $60 per person.
Our children are the truest victims — abused or neglected in their homes, by a parent or caretaker. They have done nothing wrong and deserve all the help we can give them. The ultimate goal is a safe, permanent home for each child. CASA volunteers, who are appointed by the Juvenile Abuse & Neglect Court judge to act as Guardian ad litem, advocate for abused and neglected children during court proceedings. Recommendations are made to the judge about what CASA believes to be in the best interest of the children.
Join CASA for this fun-filled night to help support the children of our community and celebrate 25 years of advocating in court for abused and neglected children, who can now celebrate their placement in a safe, permanent and nurturing home.
If you’re interested in becoming a CASA, contact the office at (815) 319-6880. Training sessions are held twice a year. For the fund-raiser, contact Zan Picchioni at (815) 262-3856 for more information, or e-mail Zan at email@example.com.
Posted April 25, 2012