- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Winnebago County CASA Program to hold auction and dinner event April 27
Online Staff Report
The Winnebago County Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Program, celebrating their 25th anniversary year, will hold their fund-raiser, the 18th Annual Celebrity Treasures Dinner & Auction, Friday evening, April 27, at Forest Hills Country Club, 5135 Forest Hills Road.
A social hour and silent auction will begin the evening at 6 p.m. Dinner will begin at 7 p.m. with a speaker and live auction following dinner.
A 50/50 raffle, with three winners, will be drawn at the event. You need not be present to win. Raffle tickets are $10 each or three for $25 and may be purchased online at www.winnebagocountycasa.org or by calling the office at (815) 319-6880. The event ticket price is $60 per person.
Our children are the truest victims — abused or neglected in their homes, by a parent or caretaker. They have done nothing wrong and deserve all the help we can give them. The ultimate goal is a safe, permanent home for each child. CASA volunteers, who are appointed by the Juvenile Abuse & Neglect Court judge to act as Guardian ad litem, advocate for abused and neglected children during court proceedings. Recommendations are made to the judge about what CASA believes to be in the best interest of the children.
Join CASA for this fun-filled night to help support the children of our community and celebrate 25 years of advocating in court for abused and neglected children, who can now celebrate their placement in a safe, permanent and nurturing home.
If you’re interested in becoming a CASA, contact the office at (815) 319-6880. Training sessions are held twice a year. For the fund-raiser, contact Zan Picchioni at (815) 262-3856 for more information, or e-mail Zan at email@example.com.
Posted April 25, 2012