- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Atwood Center open houses set for May 5, Oct. 20
Do you have fond memories of camp or school field trips at Seth B. Atwood Park in Rockford? Rockford Park District staff invites the public to attend a free open house at Atwood Center (lodge building) to share past experiences and share ideas about future programming.
At the spring and fall events, Atwood Center staff will share information about ongoing projects and volunteer opportunities, and conduct tours of the facility. Homemade snacks from the Atwood kitchen will be served.
Attend one or both of the following days: Saturday, May 5, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (program begins at 12:30 p.m.); and Saturday, Oct. 20, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (program begins at 12:30 p.m.).
Atwood Center is at 2685 New Milford School Road, Rockford. If more information is needed, call (815) 874-7576. For information about support or assistive listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800. Visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood for more about Atwood Park.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue