- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
- Supreme Court and gay marriage — U of I expert weighs in
- More than 6,100 residents of Winnebago County enrolled in Marketplace
- First large U.S. delegation to visit Cuba since opening of relations
- Merger complete for Illinois Bank & Trust, Galena State Bank
- Crusader welcomes Dr. Maria Lozano Vazquez
Atwood Center open houses set for May 5, Oct. 20
Do you have fond memories of camp or school field trips at Seth B. Atwood Park in Rockford? Rockford Park District staff invites the public to attend a free open house at Atwood Center (lodge building) to share past experiences and share ideas about future programming.
At the spring and fall events, Atwood Center staff will share information about ongoing projects and volunteer opportunities, and conduct tours of the facility. Homemade snacks from the Atwood kitchen will be served.
Attend one or both of the following days: Saturday, May 5, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (program begins at 12:30 p.m.); and Saturday, Oct. 20, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (program begins at 12:30 p.m.).
Atwood Center is at 2685 New Milford School Road, Rockford. If more information is needed, call (815) 874-7576. For information about support or assistive listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800. Visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood for more about Atwood Park.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue