- EarthTalk: Avoiding harmful food additives
- Nighttime/alcohol enforcement patrols set for Dec. 26-28
- ComEd readies for potential winter weather
- Lee Hamilton: Time to focus on growing the economy
- Anti-corruption reform advisory question to appear on ballot
- Evidence found in Dec. 20 quadruple murder, but no arrests
- Yes, Virginia, Portillo’s is coming to Rockford
- Meet John Doe: Wake up and share that Christmas spirit, you’re the hope of the world
- Tech-Friendly: Recycle your old electronics this holiday season
- Garbage collection adjusted for Christmas, New Year’s
Atwood Center open houses set for May 5, Oct. 20
Do you have fond memories of camp or school field trips at Seth B. Atwood Park in Rockford? Rockford Park District staff invites the public to attend a free open house at Atwood Center (lodge building) to share past experiences and share ideas about future programming.
At the spring and fall events, Atwood Center staff will share information about ongoing projects and volunteer opportunities, and conduct tours of the facility. Homemade snacks from the Atwood kitchen will be served.
Attend one or both of the following days: Saturday, May 5, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (program begins at 12:30 p.m.); and Saturday, Oct. 20, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. (program begins at 12:30 p.m.).
Atwood Center is at 2685 New Milford School Road, Rockford. If more information is needed, call (815) 874-7576. For information about support or assistive listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800. Visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/atwood for more about Atwood Park.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue