- Three female fugitives wanted in New Jersey restaurant theft arrested in Illinois
- Man guilty in 2012 crash into home that injured 8-year-old
- McDonald’s: Federal complaint says company is joint employer
- T-Mobile settlement: $90M for cell phone bill cramming
- Shelter Care Ministries gets $30,000 grant
- Even more dead bees?
- Holiday travel: 98.6 million plan getaway, most on record
- Scam artists posing as utility reps, demanding payment
- Holiday mailing deadlines approach, Rockford Post Office warns
- Hispanics more than half of all renters, yet most are uninsured
Former, current RVC students awarded scholarships
March 30, the Illinois Mathematics Association of Community Colleges (IMACC) announced this year’s winners of IMACC Memorial Fund scholarships. Two of the three winners have ties to Rock Valley College (RVC).
Elizabeth Meena, a former RVC student who now attends Trinity International University, was awarded the top prize of $1,250. Current RVC student Brianna Koenig was awarded a $500 scholarship and will be attending Illinois State University next year. Both intend to be high school math teachers.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue