- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
Former, current RVC students awarded scholarships
March 30, the Illinois Mathematics Association of Community Colleges (IMACC) announced this year’s winners of IMACC Memorial Fund scholarships. Two of the three winners have ties to Rock Valley College (RVC).
Elizabeth Meena, a former RVC student who now attends Trinity International University, was awarded the top prize of $1,250. Current RVC student Brianna Koenig was awarded a $500 scholarship and will be attending Illinois State University next year. Both intend to be high school math teachers.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue