- Man pleads guilty but mentally ill in 2013 murder
- Telephone, computer network outages at 22 Rockford schools
- Byron native selected as Sailor of the Year for Navy Band Southwest
- Illinois Tollway awards $337 million in contracts, sets budget
- 44 earn bachelor’s degrees at Saint Anthony College of Nursing
- Goodwill opens Donation Express site on Perryville
- Rock Valley College to manage TechWorks program
- University of Illinois at Chicago names chancellor
- Salvation Army to distribute food, toys to nearly 2,000 families
- American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act signed into law
Free kite-flying event set for May 6 at Southwest Community Park
Rockford Park District and Chicago Kite will host Kites in Flight, a free family kite-flying event open to the public and participants of all ages, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, May 6.
The event will be at Southwest Community Park, 2004 Ogilby Road (next to RESA Middle School), Rockford.
All participants will receive a free kite kit to assemble, decorate and fly, with help available from Park District staff and volunteers.
Participants may bring their own kites if they wish. Skilled professionals from Chicago Kite will fly kites of all sizes, some as large as 90 feet; kites and accessories will also be available for sale.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue