- Rauner to Smiddy: No debate for you
- State Roundup: Moody’s: Regardless of reform, Chicago pension will grow for years
- State Roundup: State could see up to $500 million in unexpected revenue for current FY
- Tax revenues up, Rauner to restore $26 million ‘Good Friday’ cuts
- First Friday Lineup: May 1
- State Roundup: Former governor Walker passes away
- Mayors decry local funding cut proposal, say expect cuts to services
- Senate rejects bill to ban smoking in cars with children present
- Mayors warn of critical cuts if funds are reduced
- Rebuilding Rockford
Free kite-flying event set for May 6 at Southwest Community Park
Rockford Park District and Chicago Kite will host Kites in Flight, a free family kite-flying event open to the public and participants of all ages, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, May 6.
The event will be at Southwest Community Park, 2004 Ogilby Road (next to RESA Middle School), Rockford.
All participants will receive a free kite kit to assemble, decorate and fly, with help available from Park District staff and volunteers.
Participants may bring their own kites if they wish. Skilled professionals from Chicago Kite will fly kites of all sizes, some as large as 90 feet; kites and accessories will also be available for sale.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue