- Hospitals lift visitor age restrictions as number of flu cases decreases
- Winnebago County sheriff names chief deputy
- URGENT: Four votes and we could lose on Keystone
- Guest Column: Housing Authority CEO: Time to unify behind quality living
- Rockford police investigate 17th Street murder
- Clean water under attack in the U.S. Congress
- Man faces charges following attempted armed robbery
- Discovery Center experiences record public attendance
- Pet Talk: Probiotics for your pets
- Illinois home prices climb 3.7 percent in December
Free kite-flying event set for May 6 at Southwest Community Park
Rockford Park District and Chicago Kite will host Kites in Flight, a free family kite-flying event open to the public and participants of all ages, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, May 6.
The event will be at Southwest Community Park, 2004 Ogilby Road (next to RESA Middle School), Rockford.
All participants will receive a free kite kit to assemble, decorate and fly, with help available from Park District staff and volunteers.
Participants may bring their own kites if they wish. Skilled professionals from Chicago Kite will fly kites of all sizes, some as large as 90 feet; kites and accessories will also be available for sale.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue