- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Free kite-flying event set for May 6 at Southwest Community Park
Rockford Park District and Chicago Kite will host Kites in Flight, a free family kite-flying event open to the public and participants of all ages, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Sunday, May 6.
The event will be at Southwest Community Park, 2004 Ogilby Road (next to RESA Middle School), Rockford.
All participants will receive a free kite kit to assemble, decorate and fly, with help available from Park District staff and volunteers.
Participants may bring their own kites if they wish. Skilled professionals from Chicago Kite will fly kites of all sizes, some as large as 90 feet; kites and accessories will also be available for sale.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue