- Former Belvidere North teacher pleads guilty to sex charge
- Police ask for help in weekend armed robbery
- Belvidere football coach returns to sidelines after hazing probe
- IceHogs split weekend on the road
- Dog and cat adoption event at Children’s Home + Aid Oct. 20
- Arrest warrant issued in string of burglaries
- The Odds Man: Bills, Seahawks good bets in NFL Week 7
- SwedishAmerican to build new clinic in Byron
- Chrysler recall affects 907k vehicles
- 7-year-old struck by car near Walker School
Judge K. Patrick Yarbrough receives service award
Chief Judge Joseph G. McGraw has announced that the Blackhawk Area Council of Boy Scouts of America will present Associate Judge K. Patrick Yarbrough with a 2012 Whitney M. Young Jr. Service Award.
The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding service of an adult individual or organization for demonstrated involvement in the development and implementation of Scouting opportunities for youth from rural or low-income urban backgrounds.
Judge Yarbrough is a graduate of Ripon College and Northern Illinois University College of Law. Following his admission to the Illinois bar, Judge Yarbrough was employed with the Office of the Winnebago County State’s Attorney from 1990 to 1997. Judge Yarbrough was appointed as an associate judge in January 2007. He presides over juvenile delinquency matters in Winnebago County. His professional memberships include the Winnebago County Bar Association, the Illinois State Bar Association and the Illinois Judges Association. Judge Yarbrough is actively involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters of the YMCA of Rock River Valley, the Blackhawk Area Council of Boy Scouts of America, and the Children and Court Courts Foundation (The Kids’ Place).
The Blackhawk Area Council will recognize Judge Yarbrough, Dr. Rudy Valeez and Crusader Community Health as their 2012 Diversity Award recipients at a Diversity Achievers Dinner at 5:30 p.m, Wednesday, May 9, at the Prairie Street Brewhouse, 200 Prairie St., Rockford. This awards dinner is held annually to recognize leading individuals, corporations and organizations for their significant contributions in building the awareness of diversity issues and initiatives in the Rock River Valley community. All proceeds will be used to support multicultural Scouting and Career Exploring. For more about this event, contact Tabatha Cruz at the Blackhawk Area Council at (815) 397-0210, ext. 7508, or email@example.com.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue