- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Retain County Clerk Margie Mullins
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Re-elect Jesse White
- Nov. 4 General Election endorsements: Elect Sheila Simon as state comptroller
- Brad Roos to step down as Zion Development executive director
- Smash your pumpkin at Rockford’s Discovery Center Nov. 2
- Control the candy without limiting the Halloween fun
- RHS Ambassadors host Halloween party for hospitalized children
- Beware of the energy-sucking vampires in your home, ComEd warns
- Rockford Park District golf season begins to wrap up
- Two locals to be honored among state’s top college students
Metals & Electronics Drive May 5 at Machesney Park Mall
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) will host a Spring Metals & Electronics Drive from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, May 5.
Residents are invited to bring electronics, appliances and scrap metal to the drive for recycling. The drive will be at Machesney Park Mall, 8750 N. Second St., Machesney Park, in the south parking lot near the JCPenney Outlet.
As of January, the Illinois Electronic Products Recycling & Reuse Act (State Bill 2313) banned the disposal of computers, monitors, laptops, printers and an array of electronics from landfills.
“We will take all of these items and more,” said Lori Gummow, executive director of KNIB. “The only fee involved is the $10 we ask for the removal of Freon from refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers per EPA requirements.”
Televisions are not accepted. Virtually all metal items will be accepted for free.
For more about KNIB, call (815) 637-1343 or visit www.knib.org.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue