- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
Metals & Electronics Drive May 5 at Machesney Park Mall
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) will host a Spring Metals & Electronics Drive from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, May 5.
Residents are invited to bring electronics, appliances and scrap metal to the drive for recycling. The drive will be at Machesney Park Mall, 8750 N. Second St., Machesney Park, in the south parking lot near the JCPenney Outlet.
As of January, the Illinois Electronic Products Recycling & Reuse Act (State Bill 2313) banned the disposal of computers, monitors, laptops, printers and an array of electronics from landfills.
“We will take all of these items and more,” said Lori Gummow, executive director of KNIB. “The only fee involved is the $10 we ask for the removal of Freon from refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers per EPA requirements.”
Televisions are not accepted. Virtually all metal items will be accepted for free.
For more about KNIB, call (815) 637-1343 or visit www.knib.org.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue