- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
- More than 46 million Americans to travel for Thanksgiving, most since 2007
Metals & Electronics Drive May 5 at Machesney Park Mall
Keep Northern Illinois Beautiful (KNIB) will host a Spring Metals & Electronics Drive from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Saturday, May 5.
Residents are invited to bring electronics, appliances and scrap metal to the drive for recycling. The drive will be at Machesney Park Mall, 8750 N. Second St., Machesney Park, in the south parking lot near the JCPenney Outlet.
As of January, the Illinois Electronic Products Recycling & Reuse Act (State Bill 2313) banned the disposal of computers, monitors, laptops, printers and an array of electronics from landfills.
“We will take all of these items and more,” said Lori Gummow, executive director of KNIB. “The only fee involved is the $10 we ask for the removal of Freon from refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners and dehumidifiers per EPA requirements.”
Televisions are not accepted. Virtually all metal items will be accepted for free.
For more about KNIB, call (815) 637-1343 or visit www.knib.org.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue