- Guest Commentary: Earth Day or April Fools Day?
- State Roundup: Concerns raised about proposed change in DUI pot standard
- Bill would decrease pot penalties; small amounts would draw only ticket, fine
- Senate votes to restore human service cuts; bill moves to House for consideration
- Bill to restrict red light cameras passes House
- State Roundup: Budget fix in current FY not yet done
- State Roundup: GOMB Director won’t support borrowing
- Economists: pros, cons to raising the state fuel tax
- ‘Hogs fall just shy of Midwest title
- Fork and Stein Urban Gourmet delivers beer infused delicacies to Rockford
Re: Landfill expansion
Landfills are like a Model T Ford. We need new technology to dispose of waste, and Waste Management has it.
Just watch History channel, Trash, Inc.
Waste Management deposits all waste inside a building — they separate papers — metal — glass — balance is burned — filtered — energy recovered, many people are employed.
Our community — city — county could provide a bond to help build the plant.
As William Booth worked among the poor, more and more problems became apparent. Once, when he and his son Bramwell were on their way to a preaching engagement, their carriage crossed over London Bridge. Booth suddenly turned to his son and asked: “Did you know that hundreds of men are sleeping nights under the bridge?”
“Yes, I know it,” Bramwell answered.
“Then do something about it!” Booth snapped.
We need some real leadership on this issue, some positive action — or I tink I ga bak to Sweden.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue