- Tube Talk: Addicted to ‘Rehab Addict’
- Halberstadt: Pet peeve: NFL should take action on long hair
- Meet John Doe: Illinois’ minimum wage ballot question will bring voters to the polls
- First case of Ebola confirmed in the United States
- Tech-Friendly: Bending iPhones and iOS 8.0.2 update
- 20-year sentence in 2013 homicide
- Parolee arrested after search warrant at RHA property
- Olympic star Michael Phelps arrested on second DUI charge
- Former NIU QB Harnish signed to Vikings practice squad
- Man arrested after ax incident
Re: Landfill expansion
Landfills are like a Model T Ford. We need new technology to dispose of waste, and Waste Management has it.
Just watch History channel, Trash, Inc.
Waste Management deposits all waste inside a building — they separate papers — metal — glass — balance is burned — filtered — energy recovered, many people are employed.
Our community — city — county could provide a bond to help build the plant.
As William Booth worked among the poor, more and more problems became apparent. Once, when he and his son Bramwell were on their way to a preaching engagement, their carriage crossed over London Bridge. Booth suddenly turned to his son and asked: “Did you know that hundreds of men are sleeping nights under the bridge?”
“Yes, I know it,” Bramwell answered.
“Then do something about it!” Booth snapped.
We need some real leadership on this issue, some positive action — or I tink I ga bak to Sweden.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue