- Woman, two teens arrested following narcotics investigation
- Former county officials charged with theft
- New Zion Baptist participates in National Back to Church Sunday Sept. 21
- Donors celebrate new school health center
- Debris cleanup underway near Fordham Dam
- Some good, some bad in Obama executive order on protecting antibiotics
- Two arrested on cannabis charges after search of detached garage on North Henrietta
- Man guilty of drug charges faces 60 years in prison
- Rockford BBB aware of ‘Microsoft’ phone scam
- Judge: Chad Grimm will remain on Illinois governor ballot
Rock House Kids annual pancake breakfast fund-raiser May 5
Online Staff Report
Rock House Kids, a nonprofit charitable and non-denominational organization that reaches at-risk children ages 4-18, is having its annual pancake breakfast fund-raiser from 7-11 a.m., Saturday, May 5, at North Suburban Women’s Club, 6320 N. Second St., Loves Park.
Pancakes, sausage, and coffee or juice will be served for a donation of $6 for ages 13 to adults, $4 for ages 6-12, with kids 5 years old and younger eating free. Other breakfast goodies will also be available. Tickets are being sold at the Rock House Kids office, 1325 Seventh St., Rockford, or you can still pay at the door. Perennial flowers and plants will be for sale to further help in fund-raising.
Rock House Kids has been serving at-risk children in the Rockford community for 13 years. It exists to provide food, safe shelter, encouragement and instruction in basic life skills to children in one of Rockford’s most impoverished and high crime neighborhoods. Rock House Kids opens its doors each Monday and Wednesday nights to any and all children for a hot meal and teaching of basic life skills as well as providing an after-school program with free snacks, tutoring, and Bible-based instruction on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the school year.
For more information regarding Rock House Kids, contact the office by phone at (815) 962-5067or e-mail at Rockhouse2@sbcglobal.net. A monthly newsletter is also distributed and may be found on the website, www.rockhousekids.org. Dola Gregory, executive director and founder of Rock House Kids, is also available for speaking engagements.
Posted May 2, 2012