- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
- Education in Illinois making slow progress, according to report
- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
Rock House Kids annual pancake breakfast fund-raiser May 5
Online Staff Report
Rock House Kids, a nonprofit charitable and non-denominational organization that reaches at-risk children ages 4-18, is having its annual pancake breakfast fund-raiser from 7-11 a.m., Saturday, May 5, at North Suburban Women’s Club, 6320 N. Second St., Loves Park.
Pancakes, sausage, and coffee or juice will be served for a donation of $6 for ages 13 to adults, $4 for ages 6-12, with kids 5 years old and younger eating free. Other breakfast goodies will also be available. Tickets are being sold at the Rock House Kids office, 1325 Seventh St., Rockford, or you can still pay at the door. Perennial flowers and plants will be for sale to further help in fund-raising.
Rock House Kids has been serving at-risk children in the Rockford community for 13 years. It exists to provide food, safe shelter, encouragement and instruction in basic life skills to children in one of Rockford’s most impoverished and high crime neighborhoods. Rock House Kids opens its doors each Monday and Wednesday nights to any and all children for a hot meal and teaching of basic life skills as well as providing an after-school program with free snacks, tutoring, and Bible-based instruction on Tuesdays and Thursdays during the school year.
For more information regarding Rock House Kids, contact the office by phone at (815) 962-5067or e-mail at Rockhouse2@sbcglobal.net. A monthly newsletter is also distributed and may be found on the website, www.rockhousekids.org. Dola Gregory, executive director and founder of Rock House Kids, is also available for speaking engagements.
Posted May 2, 2012