- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
- 11 public housing residents complete job readiness training
- Youth health care enrollment event at NIU Rockford Jan. 29
- More than 50 employers at Jan. 29 job fair
- School district’s credit rating remains solid
- State Police seize LSD, cannabis, U.S. currency in I-80 arrest
- Park District names employee, team of the year
Spring ice show at Carlson Ice Arena May 5
Rockford Park District’s Carlson Ice Arena will host its spring ice show, “Skating Down Abbey Road,” featuring hit music by The Beatles Saturday, May 5. Show times are 1 and 7 p.m.
Approximately 100 local skaters of all ages and levels from Rockford Park District Learn to Skate and Figure Skating programs will demonstrate their skills in performances featuring hit music by The Beatles. The 1 p.m. show will also feature special guest Kyle Shropshire, 2012 U.S. National Junior Competitor.
Ticket prices are general admission, $7 in advance, $8 day of show. Golden Admission tickets (includes both shows) are $10 in advance (not available at the door); admission is free for children ages 2 and younger. Tickets are on sale at Carlson Ice Arena at Riverside and Perryville in Loves Park, and at Park District Customer Service in downtown Rockford, 401 S. Main St.
For more information, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/iceskate, or call (815) 969-4069. For information about accessibility and assisted listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue