- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
Spring ice show at Carlson Ice Arena May 5
Rockford Park District’s Carlson Ice Arena will host its spring ice show, “Skating Down Abbey Road,” featuring hit music by The Beatles Saturday, May 5. Show times are 1 and 7 p.m.
Approximately 100 local skaters of all ages and levels from Rockford Park District Learn to Skate and Figure Skating programs will demonstrate their skills in performances featuring hit music by The Beatles. The 1 p.m. show will also feature special guest Kyle Shropshire, 2012 U.S. National Junior Competitor.
Ticket prices are general admission, $7 in advance, $8 day of show. Golden Admission tickets (includes both shows) are $10 in advance (not available at the door); admission is free for children ages 2 and younger. Tickets are on sale at Carlson Ice Arena at Riverside and Perryville in Loves Park, and at Park District Customer Service in downtown Rockford, 401 S. Main St.
For more information, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/iceskate, or call (815) 969-4069. For information about accessibility and assisted listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue