- State Roundup: Governor signs budget fix bills
- Rauner, Democratic leaders shake hands and make law
- State roundup: National guardsman and cousin arrested in terror plot
- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
Spring ice show at Carlson Ice Arena May 5
Rockford Park District’s Carlson Ice Arena will host its spring ice show, “Skating Down Abbey Road,” featuring hit music by The Beatles Saturday, May 5. Show times are 1 and 7 p.m.
Approximately 100 local skaters of all ages and levels from Rockford Park District Learn to Skate and Figure Skating programs will demonstrate their skills in performances featuring hit music by The Beatles. The 1 p.m. show will also feature special guest Kyle Shropshire, 2012 U.S. National Junior Competitor.
Ticket prices are general admission, $7 in advance, $8 day of show. Golden Admission tickets (includes both shows) are $10 in advance (not available at the door); admission is free for children ages 2 and younger. Tickets are on sale at Carlson Ice Arena at Riverside and Perryville in Loves Park, and at Park District Customer Service in downtown Rockford, 401 S. Main St.
For more information, visit www.rockfordparkdistrict.org/iceskate, or call (815) 969-4069. For information about accessibility and assisted listening equipment for people with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue