- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
- The Odds Man: ‘D’ is key in Week 3
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Capital Brewery’s Oktoberfest a delicious, malty lager
- Week 3 NFL picks: Wins for Bears and Packers, losses for Lions and Vikings
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: Catching up with John ‘Brizz’ Brizzolara of 96.7 The Eagle
SwedishAmerican hosts stroke awareness program May 3
SwedishAmerican Health System will present “Stroke Awareness: Ask The Experts,” a free community presentation, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, May 3, in the Conference Center at SwedishAmerican Hospital, 1401 E. State St., Rockford.
At 6 p.m., SwedishAmerican Chief Medical Officer Dr. Kathleen Kelly will introduce a panel of stroke experts including Dr. John Underwood, emergency medicine; Dr. E. Thomas Carey, pharmacy; and Dr. Scott Craig, physical medicine. Panel members will discuss the latest innovations in stroke care and answer the audience’s questions.
Following the panel discussion, Dr. Underwood will share an update on the telestroke partnership between SwedishAmerican and UW Health that began last year, and provide an interactive demonstration of the technology with UW Health Stroke Neurologist Dr. Justin Sattin.
Admission is free. Refreshments and door prizes will be provided. Enter the hospital via the Charles Street Heart Hospital entrance. Valet parking is available. Informative health care exhibits will be available beginning at 5:30 p.m. Register online at www.swedishamerican.org, or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue