- Telephone fraud on the rise, BBB reports
- Pet Talk: The seeing eye guide dog birthday
- State Police seize 155 pounds of cannabis during traffic stop
- Mitt Romney won’t run in 2016
- Man shot three times near Oakley Avenue, West Jefferson Street
- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
SwedishAmerican hosts stroke awareness program May 3
SwedishAmerican Health System will present “Stroke Awareness: Ask The Experts,” a free community presentation, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, May 3, in the Conference Center at SwedishAmerican Hospital, 1401 E. State St., Rockford.
At 6 p.m., SwedishAmerican Chief Medical Officer Dr. Kathleen Kelly will introduce a panel of stroke experts including Dr. John Underwood, emergency medicine; Dr. E. Thomas Carey, pharmacy; and Dr. Scott Craig, physical medicine. Panel members will discuss the latest innovations in stroke care and answer the audience’s questions.
Following the panel discussion, Dr. Underwood will share an update on the telestroke partnership between SwedishAmerican and UW Health that began last year, and provide an interactive demonstration of the technology with UW Health Stroke Neurologist Dr. Justin Sattin.
Admission is free. Refreshments and door prizes will be provided. Enter the hospital via the Charles Street Heart Hospital entrance. Valet parking is available. Informative health care exhibits will be available beginning at 5:30 p.m. Register online at www.swedishamerican.org, or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue