- Governor, AG differ on legality of payroll without budget
- Regular RHA meeting a quiet affair
- Funnel clouds possible through evening
- Smoking bans a breath of fresh air to some, infuriating to others
- Experts break down the SCOTUS gay marriage ruling
- Senators offer insight into population loss
- SCOTUS ruling legalizes gay marriage
- RAMP receives $10,000 grant for youth services
- Obamacare victory shows failure of Scalia’s conservative revolution
- City Market: June 26
SwedishAmerican hosts stroke awareness program May 3
SwedishAmerican Health System will present “Stroke Awareness: Ask The Experts,” a free community presentation, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, May 3, in the Conference Center at SwedishAmerican Hospital, 1401 E. State St., Rockford.
At 6 p.m., SwedishAmerican Chief Medical Officer Dr. Kathleen Kelly will introduce a panel of stroke experts including Dr. John Underwood, emergency medicine; Dr. E. Thomas Carey, pharmacy; and Dr. Scott Craig, physical medicine. Panel members will discuss the latest innovations in stroke care and answer the audience’s questions.
Following the panel discussion, Dr. Underwood will share an update on the telestroke partnership between SwedishAmerican and UW Health that began last year, and provide an interactive demonstration of the technology with UW Health Stroke Neurologist Dr. Justin Sattin.
Admission is free. Refreshments and door prizes will be provided. Enter the hospital via the Charles Street Heart Hospital entrance. Valet parking is available. Informative health care exhibits will be available beginning at 5:30 p.m. Register online at www.swedishamerican.org, or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue