- Man arrested on child pornography charges
- Woman hit with liquor bottle during home invasion
- Police arrest robbery suspect
- Rockford area trick-or-treat times
- The Odds Man: Three road dogs good bets in NFL Week 8
- IceHogs nipped in third period, return home Saturday
- BGA sues Chicago Police Department over transparency
- Clean water groups highlight progress for Apple River, call for more success stories
- Lincoln associates found in recently discovered 1840 Menard County census
- BIFF Year ’Round presents the documentary ‘Slingshot’ Oct. 29
SwedishAmerican hosts stroke awareness program May 3
SwedishAmerican Health System will present “Stroke Awareness: Ask The Experts,” a free community presentation, from 6 to 7:30 p.m., Thursday, May 3, in the Conference Center at SwedishAmerican Hospital, 1401 E. State St., Rockford.
At 6 p.m., SwedishAmerican Chief Medical Officer Dr. Kathleen Kelly will introduce a panel of stroke experts including Dr. John Underwood, emergency medicine; Dr. E. Thomas Carey, pharmacy; and Dr. Scott Craig, physical medicine. Panel members will discuss the latest innovations in stroke care and answer the audience’s questions.
Following the panel discussion, Dr. Underwood will share an update on the telestroke partnership between SwedishAmerican and UW Health that began last year, and provide an interactive demonstration of the technology with UW Health Stroke Neurologist Dr. Justin Sattin.
Admission is free. Refreshments and door prizes will be provided. Enter the hospital via the Charles Street Heart Hospital entrance. Valet parking is available. Informative health care exhibits will be available beginning at 5:30 p.m. Register online at www.swedishamerican.org, or call HealthConnect at (815) 968-2500.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue