- Email phishing scams escalate, BBB reports
- SwedishAmerican merges, becomes division of UW Health
- Aaron Rodgers has Jay Cutler’s back, even if the Bears don’t
- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
Taking the bull by its horns at RMTD
Our Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) busing company was dedicated unto our city by our ex-mayor John McNamara and his associates. However, I have witnessed for myself the deplorable condition of this bus station — and that the inside floors are hardly ever mopped.
And the outside is littered with discarded cigarette butts, and sometimes their trash containers are overflowing. Also, some of the bus drivers are not too polite because of their tight schedule. They have told people to “hurry up.” So, they (the drivers) zip around, and sometimes they don’t wait until everyone is seated. Because when I was getting on, the bus lunged forth, and I was flung against (hardly) the back of the bus’s seat, which caused my cracked ribs to get aggravated.
So, frankly, I don’t believe that the establishment does give a damn! And I ask, how can they remedy these problems? By hiring two part-time janitors (day shift and nightly), lengthening the bus drivers’ schedules, putting up “No Littering” signs. And teaching that safety comes first!
Philip J. Wilson
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue