- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
Taking the bull by its horns at RMTD
Our Rockford Mass Transit District (RMTD) busing company was dedicated unto our city by our ex-mayor John McNamara and his associates. However, I have witnessed for myself the deplorable condition of this bus station — and that the inside floors are hardly ever mopped.
And the outside is littered with discarded cigarette butts, and sometimes their trash containers are overflowing. Also, some of the bus drivers are not too polite because of their tight schedule. They have told people to “hurry up.” So, they (the drivers) zip around, and sometimes they don’t wait until everyone is seated. Because when I was getting on, the bus lunged forth, and I was flung against (hardly) the back of the bus’s seat, which caused my cracked ribs to get aggravated.
So, frankly, I don’t believe that the establishment does give a damn! And I ask, how can they remedy these problems? By hiring two part-time janitors (day shift and nightly), lengthening the bus drivers’ schedules, putting up “No Littering” signs. And teaching that safety comes first!
Philip J. Wilson
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue