- Lee Hamilton: November’s elections won’t resolve much of anything
- Pec Playhouse Theatre announces auditions for holiday production
- Keeping up with Aida: A western adventure, part three
- State prepares for thousands of medical marijuana applications
- Rockford’s Choices Natural Market celebrates Non-GMO Month
- Week 5 NFL picks: Lions to improve to 4-1, Packers and Bears will keep pace at 3-2
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: Revolution Brewing’s Oktoberfest offers good all-around balance
- Rockford’s Fall ArtScene at 37 locations Oct. 3-4
- Tales from the Trough: Preseason interview with ‘The Voice of the IceHogs,’ Mike Peck
- Mr. Green Car: Saltwater-powered car: the Quant e-Sportlimousine
Tinker Swiss to host special access to Rare Books collection
Be one of the privileged few to participate in the special access evening of the Rare Books in the Tinker Swiss Cottage Collection, from 6-8 p.m., Thursday, May 10.
You are invited for this private, special access event. The evening will begin with light refreshments and a Curator Talk in the conservatory of Tinker Swiss Cottage, 411 Kent St. Then, stroll the rooms of Tinker, where special access areas are available. Your evening will end in the restored “Red Room” Exhibition Space.
Special Access means that under the director of the Tinker Curator of Collections, you will have the opportunity to hold and read the Rare Books from the world-famous Tinker Library.
Rare Books from the collection include a Hawaiian Bible, Quo Vadis by Miguel de Cervantes, Historia de Gentibus Septentrionalibus by Claus Magnus, and Ke Kumu Mua Ano Hou. Famous authors in the collection include Alexandre Dumas, H.P. Lovecraft, Elizabeth Stuart Phelps Ward, Thomas Moore, Shakespeare and more.
Tinker Swiss Cottage Museum 2012 Year of the Book is sponsored in part by BMO Harris Bank.
Tickets are $50 per person. Limited availability. Ticket sales close at 5 p.m., Wednesday, May 9. Call (815) 964-2424 to purchase your tickets, or purchase online at www.tinkercottage.com.
From the May 2-8, 2012, issue