- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Denny Diamond & The Family Jewels perform May 5
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Denny Diamond & The Family Jewels will perform Saturday, May 5, at the First United Methodist Church, 610 Bonus Ave., Belvidere, Ill. The concert begins at 6:30 p.m. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Seating is general admission. The concert will also include a performance by Bruce and Dan.
Denny Diamond & The Family Jewels are an accomplished family trio who have delighted audiences across the nation, performing the music of one of America’s favorite singer/songwriters, Neil Diamond. They also perform songs made famous by artists like Johnny Cash, Roger Miller, Dean Martin, along with countless others and some original music.
Dessert will be available for a free-will offering. Ticket price is $10 per person. All proceeds will benefit the Royal Family Kids Belvidere.
“We are really looking forward to this event,” said Nancy Ramos, event coordinator. “We had Denny and his family here last year for a concert. Denny is very talented and really funny. Everyone had a great time.”
All proceeds will support Royal Family Kids Belvidere, which works to move children from victims to survivors. Helping a child rebuild trust and working to rebuild their self-esteem is vital to a child building a foundation for a brighter future. They also support mentoring programs that give an abused child a positive role model. Royal Family Kids is a nonprofit organization that provides camp, club and mentoring to abused kids ages 7-11, in the Belvidere and Rockford communities.
For tickets or more information, call Nancy Ramos at (815) 566-1977 or visit www.belvidererfkc.com.
Posted May 3, 2012