- Lawmaker says license plate readers a privacy threat
- Bryant not the first to feel impact of free agency rules
- State Roundup: Parents’ group calls for standardized test opt-out bill
- Hononegah Mack: ‘The best woman in the county’
- The tip of the iceberg: Human trafficking in America
- State Roundup: House passes proposal to fill current fiscal year budget gap
- ‘Hogs streak hits 4 as race tightens
- Neighborhood feel key for Rural on Tap
- TRRT March 25-31 | Online Edition
- State Roundup: Plaintiffs join Rauner on fair share case
Denny Diamond & The Family Jewels perform May 5
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Denny Diamond & The Family Jewels will perform Saturday, May 5, at the First United Methodist Church, 610 Bonus Ave., Belvidere, Ill. The concert begins at 6:30 p.m. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Seating is general admission. The concert will also include a performance by Bruce and Dan.
Denny Diamond & The Family Jewels are an accomplished family trio who have delighted audiences across the nation, performing the music of one of America’s favorite singer/songwriters, Neil Diamond. They also perform songs made famous by artists like Johnny Cash, Roger Miller, Dean Martin, along with countless others and some original music.
Dessert will be available for a free-will offering. Ticket price is $10 per person. All proceeds will benefit the Royal Family Kids Belvidere.
“We are really looking forward to this event,” said Nancy Ramos, event coordinator. “We had Denny and his family here last year for a concert. Denny is very talented and really funny. Everyone had a great time.”
All proceeds will support Royal Family Kids Belvidere, which works to move children from victims to survivors. Helping a child rebuild trust and working to rebuild their self-esteem is vital to a child building a foundation for a brighter future. They also support mentoring programs that give an abused child a positive role model. Royal Family Kids is a nonprofit organization that provides camp, club and mentoring to abused kids ages 7-11, in the Belvidere and Rockford communities.
For tickets or more information, call Nancy Ramos at (815) 566-1977 or visit www.belvidererfkc.com.
Posted May 3, 2012