- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
Denny Diamond & The Family Jewels perform May 5
Online Staff Report
BELVIDERE, Ill. — Denny Diamond & The Family Jewels will perform Saturday, May 5, at the First United Methodist Church, 610 Bonus Ave., Belvidere, Ill. The concert begins at 6:30 p.m. Doors will open at 5:30 p.m. Seating is general admission. The concert will also include a performance by Bruce and Dan.
Denny Diamond & The Family Jewels are an accomplished family trio who have delighted audiences across the nation, performing the music of one of America’s favorite singer/songwriters, Neil Diamond. They also perform songs made famous by artists like Johnny Cash, Roger Miller, Dean Martin, along with countless others and some original music.
Dessert will be available for a free-will offering. Ticket price is $10 per person. All proceeds will benefit the Royal Family Kids Belvidere.
“We are really looking forward to this event,” said Nancy Ramos, event coordinator. “We had Denny and his family here last year for a concert. Denny is very talented and really funny. Everyone had a great time.”
All proceeds will support Royal Family Kids Belvidere, which works to move children from victims to survivors. Helping a child rebuild trust and working to rebuild their self-esteem is vital to a child building a foundation for a brighter future. They also support mentoring programs that give an abused child a positive role model. Royal Family Kids is a nonprofit organization that provides camp, club and mentoring to abused kids ages 7-11, in the Belvidere and Rockford communities.
For tickets or more information, call Nancy Ramos at (815) 566-1977 or visit www.belvidererfkc.com.
Posted May 3, 2012