- Police investigate home invasion on Applewood Lane
- Amy Newell named The Arc executive director
- Rockford Rocked Interviews: A chat with Rockford native Larry Merryman of Stonefront
- Technological assessment is needed
- Consumer advocates prep for looming telecom battle
- RSO’s Holiday Pops set for Dec. 20-21 at Coronado
- National Council of Churches president to speak in Rockford Sunday, Dec. 28
- Editorial: Got the giving spirit? Here are some places to spread it
- Week 16 NFL picks: Colts will top Cowboys, Manziel will get first win
- NIU Huskies face Marshall Thundering Herd in Boca Raton Bowl
EMT training offered through RVC Community & Continuing Education
Online Staff Report
RVC Community & Continuing Education is once again offering a training course in Emergency Medical Technician (EMT).
The class will be held Mondays and Thursdays and some Saturdays for 14 weeks, beginning May 7 and ending Aug. 9. The cost is $825, and classes will be held at Rockford Health Systems EMS Building, 2823 Edgemont St.
The course is designed to train police, fire, first responder and rescue personnel and persons interested in the techniques of basic emergency medical care. The curriculum is approved by the Illinois Department of Public Health and the U.S. Department of Transportation and will prepare students for the Illinois State and/or National Emergency Medical Technician – Basic Certification examination.
Students will be required to actively participate as both rescuers and victims in skills practice during psychomotor labs. Students will also be required to pass written and practical skills examinations and participate in ambulance/hospital clinical experiences to become eligible to sit for the National Registry of the Emergency Medical Technicians examination.
Prerequisites: 18 years of age, 20/20 vision with correction, hear normally with correction, sound physique, not possessing any infirmity of body or mind, which might render you unfit to perform duties. Bring to first class: copy of birth certificate, driver’s license or state ID card and high school diploma or GED. Purchase text at Rock Valley College Bookstore before the first class.
To register, call (815) 921-3900 or go to rockvalleycollege.edu/ceonline.
Posted May 3, 2012