- Lee Hamilton: President, Congress should work together on military intervention
- Ethnic Parade and Festival Sunday, Sept. 21
- Symphony begins 80th season Sept. 20
- Vikings bar Adrian Peterson from team activities
- Mr. Green Car: A car from your printer
- Candle Crest owners to open their first store and manufacturing operation in Rockford
- DuPont ordered to pay $1.85M for killing trees
- Rockford hosts America’s largest World War II-era re-enactment Sept. 20-21
- Guest Column: Former alderman: Rail station should be on Cedar Street
- A visit to The Wall That Heals
Spring Family Fun Day in Roscoe May 5
Online Staff Report
ROSCOE, Ill. — The Spring Family Fun Day will be held from 11 a.m -3 p.m., Saturday, May 5, at Leland Park in Roscoe. It is free to the public and will provide food, games, music, classic cars and so much more.
The Spring Family Fun Day is giving drawstring backpacks to the first 250 kids. Kids will have the chance to play games and win prizes, jump in a bouncy house, and have their faces painted. There will also be trailer rides on a mock ‘Mater“ (the two truck character from the Cars movie).
Other attractions will include a classic car show, a martial arts demonstration, chair massages, photo booth photos,24 from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., even a pet oasis (pets must be on leashes), popcorn, and much more. Area Boy Scouts will also be on hand selling hot dogs.
Dr. Chris Rini of Roscoe Chiropractic Centre said, “We are looking forward to a wonderful fun day in the park with our neighbors and friends and even their pets, to celebrate our community and to get to know each other better. We invite families to come and enjoy a free afternoon of fun and games in the park. We hope to make this an annual event.”
Leland park is located at Harrison and Third streets in Roscoe, Ill.
Sponsors include: Roscoe Chiropractic Centre, Covenant Insurance Group, Ellis Orthodontics, Gymnastics Academy North, Shutter Bug Photography, True Value Hardware, Stepping Stones Child Center, Tracy Hammack – Massage Therapist, and Meyer’s Kennels.
Posted May 3, 2012