- Northern Illinois to get $8.3 million for state construction projects
- Tree-lighting festival kicks off holiday season in Machesney Park
- Roscoe Boy Scout Troop’s tree stand at new location
- Tips for selecting safe toys for kids this holiday season
- Prayer service for World AIDS Day Nov. 30
- Food Bank joins national #GivingTuesday movement
- Lee Hamilton: What lies ahead for Congress
- Rockford Public Schools faces $8.8 deficit, board OKs flat tax, HR chief
- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
Spring Family Fun Day in Roscoe May 5
Online Staff Report
ROSCOE, Ill. — The Spring Family Fun Day will be held from 11 a.m -3 p.m., Saturday, May 5, at Leland Park in Roscoe. It is free to the public and will provide food, games, music, classic cars and so much more.
The Spring Family Fun Day is giving drawstring backpacks to the first 250 kids. Kids will have the chance to play games and win prizes, jump in a bouncy house, and have their faces painted. There will also be trailer rides on a mock ‘Mater“ (the two truck character from the Cars movie).
Other attractions will include a classic car show, a martial arts demonstration, chair massages, photo booth photos,24 from 11 a.m.-12:30 p.m., even a pet oasis (pets must be on leashes), popcorn, and much more. Area Boy Scouts will also be on hand selling hot dogs.
Dr. Chris Rini of Roscoe Chiropractic Centre said, “We are looking forward to a wonderful fun day in the park with our neighbors and friends and even their pets, to celebrate our community and to get to know each other better. We invite families to come and enjoy a free afternoon of fun and games in the park. We hope to make this an annual event.”
Leland park is located at Harrison and Third streets in Roscoe, Ill.
Sponsors include: Roscoe Chiropractic Centre, Covenant Insurance Group, Ellis Orthodontics, Gymnastics Academy North, Shutter Bug Photography, True Value Hardware, Stepping Stones Child Center, Tracy Hammack – Massage Therapist, and Meyer’s Kennels.
Posted May 3, 2012