- FIFA adds prison labor to its arsenal
- Sitting on a scoop: the story behind the V-E headlines of May 1945
- Bilderback repeats at Speedway
- US permits Arctic drilling, but questions about safety remain
- ISIS takeover of Ramadi means hard choices face the Iraqi and US governments
- State Roundup: Democrat sponsored prevailing wage amendment passes
- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
Tri-Countty Gun Club holds open house May 5
Online Staff Report
The Tri-Countty Gun Club, Inc. will hold an open house from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., May 5 and 6, at 3441 S. Brookville Road in Polo, Ill. Events include trap, small bore rifle/pistol, IPSC/USPSA, shotgun plates, cowboy action, high-power rifle, black powder, bowling pin shoot, bullseye shoot, bow and arrow. Come and try any or all of these events. Firearms and ammunition will be available. All events will have a range officer/instructor on duty to insure everyone’s safety. A women’s only Introduction to Firearms class will be held Sunday only.
The lunch stand will be open from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. both days. Raffle tickets will be sold fro $5 each or 3 for $0. The raffle drawing will be held at 4 p.m., Sunday; winners need not be present, except for door prizes. More than $5,000 worth of prizes will be given out, including firearms, reloading equipment, and more. There will be one or more .50-caliber rifles on the firing line. Additional parking is available onsite.
This event will be attended by Springfield Armory-Armalite Inc. and Rock River Arms. Tickets will be available at the event. Bring your family and friends. For more information, contact Dale at (815) 625-7916 or email@example.com. For detailed maps and other information, see the website, www.tcgc.net.
Posted May 3, 2012