- Celebrate Dia de los Muertos at Riverfront Museum Park campus Nov. 1
- Lee Hamilton: Some thoughts on governing
- Top of Illinois Veterans Stand Down Oct. 31 in Rockford
- CUB shares list of worst customer horror stories
- Park District receives Governor’s Sustainability Award
- Park District’s ‘Ties & Tennies’ fund-raiser Nov. 14; deadline Nov. 6
- Nov. 2 concert celebrates release of Jodi Beach’s sixth recording
- Healthy Halloween Party Nov. 1 at U of I College of Medicine at Rockford
- Three local NFL Flag Football teams head to regional competition
- ‘Hoo’ Haven hosts annual open house Nov. 2 in Durand
Tri-Countty Gun Club holds open house May 5
Online Staff Report
The Tri-Countty Gun Club, Inc. will hold an open house from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., May 5 and 6, at 3441 S. Brookville Road in Polo, Ill. Events include trap, small bore rifle/pistol, IPSC/USPSA, shotgun plates, cowboy action, high-power rifle, black powder, bowling pin shoot, bullseye shoot, bow and arrow. Come and try any or all of these events. Firearms and ammunition will be available. All events will have a range officer/instructor on duty to insure everyone’s safety. A women’s only Introduction to Firearms class will be held Sunday only.
The lunch stand will be open from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. both days. Raffle tickets will be sold fro $5 each or 3 for $0. The raffle drawing will be held at 4 p.m., Sunday; winners need not be present, except for door prizes. More than $5,000 worth of prizes will be given out, including firearms, reloading equipment, and more. There will be one or more .50-caliber rifles on the firing line. Additional parking is available onsite.
This event will be attended by Springfield Armory-Armalite Inc. and Rock River Arms. Tickets will be available at the event. Bring your family and friends. For more information, contact Dale at (815) 625-7916 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For detailed maps and other information, see the website, www.tcgc.net.
Posted May 3, 2012