- Boys’ basketball holiday tournament tips off tonight
- Ribbon-cutting for Children’s Holiday Shoppe Nov. 26; shop is open Nov. 29-Dec. 21
- Rockford Rescue Mission invites community to Thanksgiving banquet Nov. 26
- Rockton’s new business district welcomes family owned Dr. Detail U.S. Cellular
- 2014 Illinois Emerging Writers Competition winners named
- Open house for new library executive director tonight
- Freeport murder suspect Damon Dixson taken into custody in Rockford
- Local gas station employee arrested for selling liquor to minor
- Renewable Fuel Standard delay ‘a mixed blessing,’ Bustos says
- Rockford delegation presents inaugural ‘Rockford Award’ to Norwegian Air
Tri-Countty Gun Club holds open house May 5
Online Staff Report
The Tri-Countty Gun Club, Inc. will hold an open house from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., May 5 and 6, at 3441 S. Brookville Road in Polo, Ill. Events include trap, small bore rifle/pistol, IPSC/USPSA, shotgun plates, cowboy action, high-power rifle, black powder, bowling pin shoot, bullseye shoot, bow and arrow. Come and try any or all of these events. Firearms and ammunition will be available. All events will have a range officer/instructor on duty to insure everyone’s safety. A women’s only Introduction to Firearms class will be held Sunday only.
The lunch stand will be open from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. both days. Raffle tickets will be sold fro $5 each or 3 for $0. The raffle drawing will be held at 4 p.m., Sunday; winners need not be present, except for door prizes. More than $5,000 worth of prizes will be given out, including firearms, reloading equipment, and more. There will be one or more .50-caliber rifles on the firing line. Additional parking is available onsite.
This event will be attended by Springfield Armory-Armalite Inc. and Rock River Arms. Tickets will be available at the event. Bring your family and friends. For more information, contact Dale at (815) 625-7916 or email@example.com. For detailed maps and other information, see the website, www.tcgc.net.
Posted May 3, 2012