- Illinois GOP Congressional delegation: Obama’s immigration plan undermines rule of law
- Suspect, 17, charged in Halloween hit-and-run in Roscoe
- Saint Anthony College of Nursing president to retire
- Man found guilty in deadly August 2013 crash at Mulford and Garrett Lane
- ‘The Price is Right Live!’ at Coronado March 1; tickets on sale Nov. 21
- Rockford’s E. Faye Butler to perform at Ten Chimneys in Wisconsin
- Stockholm Inn to be honored by Illinois Office of Tourism
- Winnebago County Sheriff’s Office to be out in force during Thanksgiving holiday
- Wallace co-sponsors bill to increase minimum wage
- Stadelman’s measure to prevent layoffs passes state Senate
2nd City Chorus to hold rehearsal, recruitment May 15
Online Staff Report
The award-winning 2nd City Chorus based in Rockford continues to take their group “on the road” and away from their regular rehearsal location in an effort to recruit new members. At 7 p.m., Tuesday, May 15, they are holding a rehearsal combined with a “Guest Night” at the North Park Church of Christ, 7620 Elm Ave., Machesney Park.
Unlike a community performance, this is an evening for men who like to sing and may be interested in joining the organization. Approximately 70 percent of the men in barbershop groups have never before sung in public, and the majority of them don’t read music. Participants at this function will learn about the Chorus, the Barbershop Harmony Society, actually be involved in the rehearsal and then listen to the Chorus and one or two of their popular quartets perform several numbers. Chorus members will provide hors d’oeuvres, desserts and soft drinks. Don’t put off possibly joining a great group of guys in this very enjoyable hobby.
The 2nd City Chorus, founded and chartered in 1996, has about 25 members who believe they have a quality singing group with an excellent director. However, they are always attempting to increase their membership and wholeheartedly welcome the shower, car and church choir singers, as well as those with professional experience. The Chorus consists of men of varying ages and vocations who live all over the Rockford region. The one thing they all have in common is their passion for singing four-part a cappella harmony. They also sing from a variety of genres and enjoy the fellowship and camaraderie they find in their regular Tuesday night rehearsals, performances in the community, competitions and social events throughout the year.
If you have any questions, call Ron Parrett at (815) 332-5611.
Posted May 9, 2012