- Omnibus police reform bill passes House
- Senate refuses Rauner on lawsuits, property taxes
- Hastert indicted on federal charges
- State Roundup: Worker’s Comp proposal fails to make it out of committee
- Water advocates, Illinois businesses applaud release of EPA’s Clean Water Rule
- Renewable energy gains market share
- 13 arrested in FIFA probe
- Rockford Rocked Interview with Paul Bronson
- State Roundup: House passes youth concussion legislation
- Moving out
4-H Jr. Horse Bowl team competes at state contest
The Carroll/Ogle County 4-H Jr. Horse Bowl and Hippology participants had a great day at the state contest held in Champaign. Horse Bowl is a three- or four-person team like Quiz Bowl, and the contest is conducted like Quiz Bowl, but in this contest all the questions are equine related. The Hippology Contest is individual testing on horse judging, oral questions and a written test.
In the Hippology Contest-Junior Division: Katie Hoffman of the Carroll County 4-H placed 23rd out of 39 participants. Intermediate Division: Natalie Shaw, Carroll County 4-H, placed sixth out of 32 participants. Megan Poole, Pine Creek Valley 4-H Club, Polo, placed 19th overall. In the Senior Division: Mary Francque, Carroll County 4-H, placed fourth overall Senior Hippology.
Horse Bowl participants Natalie Shaw, Kaiti Collins, Katie Hoffman and Megan Poole were the fourth-place junior team overall out of 11 participating teams in the state. Individual scores for answering questions: Megan Poole, 14th overall; Katie Hoffman, 10th overall; Natalie Shaw, 13th overall; and Kaiti Collins, 35th overall, out of 47 participants.
The Junior team is coached by Bryan Hollewell of Milledgeville.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue