- Literary Hook: A holiday tradition: ‘This Thanksgiving, Remember’
- Cold snap does not negate global warming
- Week 13 NFL picks: Bears will hand Lions another Turkey Day loss
- Rockford’s holiday tradition Stroll on State set for Saturday, Nov. 29
- Webb’s RVC Studio winter full of love stories
- Tube Talk: ‘American Masters: Bing Crosby Rediscovered’ to be featured on PBS
- Craft Beer Scene Around Rockford: A nice break-in beer for those who want to try bourbon barrel-aged beer
- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
EAA Chapter 1414 Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast & Young Eagles Rally May 13
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — The Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Chapter 1414 Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast & Young Eagles Rally will be from 7 until noon, Sunday, May 13, at Poplar Grove Airport, 11619 Route 76, Poplar Grove, Ill.
Breakfast of all-you-can-eat pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee, milk and juice will be served from 7 until 11 a.m., and free airplane rides for ages 8-17 (with parental consent) will be offered from 8 a.m. until noon (weather-permitting).
Breakfast is $6 for adults and $4 for children, while airplane rides are free. Proceeds assist with the chapter’s educational, youth and community-building activities.
Flying in? Park on the grass or the ramp at the Museum on the north side of the airport.
Driving in? Turn into the museum driveway at 5151 Orth Road, Poplar Grove, Ill., and follow the signs.
For more information, contact Glenda May at (815) 544-0215 or visit www.eaa1414.org.
Posted May 9, 2012