- Facebook’s Instant Articles not a threat to media
- U of I expert: Rauner’s pension fix ‘unconstitutional’
- State Senate approves lesser penalties for marijuana possession
- State Roundup: Natural gas vehicle tax stalls in committee
- Raptors, Rangers FC announce June camp
- Student debt 101: dearth of data fuels common misperceptions
- ‘Millionaire tax’ clears House panel
- Memorial Day events at Midway’s LZ Peace Memorial
- Wallace calls for Rockford crime task force
- How we discovered the 3 revolutions of American pop
EAA Chapter 1414 Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast & Young Eagles Rally May 13
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — The Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Chapter 1414 Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast & Young Eagles Rally will be from 7 until noon, Sunday, May 13, at Poplar Grove Airport, 11619 Route 76, Poplar Grove, Ill.
Breakfast of all-you-can-eat pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee, milk and juice will be served from 7 until 11 a.m., and free airplane rides for ages 8-17 (with parental consent) will be offered from 8 a.m. until noon (weather-permitting).
Breakfast is $6 for adults and $4 for children, while airplane rides are free. Proceeds assist with the chapter’s educational, youth and community-building activities.
Flying in? Park on the grass or the ramp at the Museum on the north side of the airport.
Driving in? Turn into the museum driveway at 5151 Orth Road, Poplar Grove, Ill., and follow the signs.
For more information, contact Glenda May at (815) 544-0215 or visit www.eaa1414.org.
Posted May 9, 2012