- Goodwill’s free income tax sites open Jan. 30
- Rock Valley College hosts FAFSA Completion Night Feb. 4
- Stateline Fruit and Vegetable Growers Conference Feb. 5
- Cardiology Millennium Conference Feb. 2
- Scammers lurking to trap last-minute Super Bowl ticket buyers
- Sharing memories of Ernie Banks
- EarthTalk: What fish can we eat?
- Rock Valley College hosts entrepreneurship event Jan. 30
- Tube Talk: ‘The Americans’ begins third season
- Conservatives join New Hampshire rally in support of campaign finance reform
EAA Chapter 1414 Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast & Young Eagles Rally May 13
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — The Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Chapter 1414 Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast & Young Eagles Rally will be from 7 until noon, Sunday, May 13, at Poplar Grove Airport, 11619 Route 76, Poplar Grove, Ill.
Breakfast of all-you-can-eat pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee, milk and juice will be served from 7 until 11 a.m., and free airplane rides for ages 8-17 (with parental consent) will be offered from 8 a.m. until noon (weather-permitting).
Breakfast is $6 for adults and $4 for children, while airplane rides are free. Proceeds assist with the chapter’s educational, youth and community-building activities.
Flying in? Park on the grass or the ramp at the Museum on the north side of the airport.
Driving in? Turn into the museum driveway at 5151 Orth Road, Poplar Grove, Ill., and follow the signs.
For more information, contact Glenda May at (815) 544-0215 or visit www.eaa1414.org.
Posted May 9, 2012