- Tales from the Trough: IceHogs rebound with four straight wins
- Clean water groups, small business owners, community leaders celebrate Clean Water Act
- Police investigate death of 71-year-old man who was struck in October while riding in his wheelchair
- Woman gets 10 years for 2013 involuntary manslaughter
- Secretary of State Police to target abuse of disability parking on Black Friday
- Illinois Commerce Commission approves 500-mile direct-current electric wind power line
- Tech-Friendly: Surface Pro 3 ad comparing it to MacBook Air is a joke
- Chicago restaurateur Billy Lawless to introduce Obama during immigration speech in Chicago
- Travel Wisconsin Snow Conditions Report assists snow seekers
EAA Chapter 1414 Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast & Young Eagles Rally May 13
Online Staff Report
POPLAR GROVE, Ill. — The Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Chapter 1414 Fly-In/Drive-In Breakfast & Young Eagles Rally will be from 7 until noon, Sunday, May 13, at Poplar Grove Airport, 11619 Route 76, Poplar Grove, Ill.
Breakfast of all-you-can-eat pancakes, eggs, sausage, coffee, milk and juice will be served from 7 until 11 a.m., and free airplane rides for ages 8-17 (with parental consent) will be offered from 8 a.m. until noon (weather-permitting).
Breakfast is $6 for adults and $4 for children, while airplane rides are free. Proceeds assist with the chapter’s educational, youth and community-building activities.
Flying in? Park on the grass or the ramp at the Museum on the north side of the airport.
Driving in? Turn into the museum driveway at 5151 Orth Road, Poplar Grove, Ill., and follow the signs.
For more information, contact Glenda May at (815) 544-0215 or visit www.eaa1414.org.
Posted May 9, 2012