- Commentary: Walker’s budget calls for schools to stop reporting sexual assaults
- Wallace hopes for redevelopment expansion
- Teravainen makes instant impact on return to ‘Hawks
- Oregon mayor reacts to Exelon talk of closing nuclear plant
- GiGi’s benefit for Down syndrome, March 21
- What’s the future hold for Rose?
- ‘Hogs keep pace in tight Midwest
- Qatar continues to confound
- Meet John Doe: Keep public notices in print
- Commentary: Rauner’s minimum wage plan just more of the same from GOP
Golf: Free golf clinics set for June 3
Rockford Park District invites youth and adult golfers for free clinics Sunday, June 3.
In addition to instruction, practice time on the driving range and putting green will also be included.
Among the teaching staff at the clinic, special guest instructor Michael Hebron, PGA Master Professional and author from Smithtown, N.Y., is scheduled to appear.
The “Clubs for Kids” youth clinic for ages 8-15 will be at Ingersoll Golf Course and Learning Links, 9-11 a.m.; the adult clinic for ages 16 and older will be at Aldeen Golf Club Practice Centre, 1-3 p.m.
To allow for adequate staffing, pre-registration is required by May 27 either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by fax, mail or in person at Park District Customer Service locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park).
The clinics are open to residents of Winnebago and Boone counties only, and there is a maximum limit of 60 participants per clinic.
Registration forms are also available at Park District courses or by calling (815) 987-8800. For information about support to participants with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue