- ‘Death tax’ rhetoric doesn’t address the facts
- ‘We’re back': second ‘Star Wars’ teaser drops
- Sunday Service: Legalizing competition in Illinois’ auto industry
- Cullerton: Don’t bet on right-to-work zones
- State Roundup: Rauner continues “Turnaround” pitch
- Open Government: Improved FOIA laws crucial
- Legislators ask Rauner to pony up pension details
- Rockford Art Deli providing homegrown artists a place to flourish
- Talcott acquisition continues west side trend
- Record Store Day brings vinyl back into the limelight
Golf: Free golf clinics set for June 3
Rockford Park District invites youth and adult golfers for free clinics Sunday, June 3.
In addition to instruction, practice time on the driving range and putting green will also be included.
Among the teaching staff at the clinic, special guest instructor Michael Hebron, PGA Master Professional and author from Smithtown, N.Y., is scheduled to appear.
The “Clubs for Kids” youth clinic for ages 8-15 will be at Ingersoll Golf Course and Learning Links, 9-11 a.m.; the adult clinic for ages 16 and older will be at Aldeen Golf Club Practice Centre, 1-3 p.m.
To allow for adequate staffing, pre-registration is required by May 27 either online at www.rockfordparkdistrict.org (click Register Now), by fax, mail or in person at Park District Customer Service locations (downtown Rockford or at Carlson Ice Arena, Riverside and Perryville, Loves Park).
The clinics are open to residents of Winnebago and Boone counties only, and there is a maximum limit of 60 participants per clinic.
Registration forms are also available at Park District courses or by calling (815) 987-8800. For information about support to participants with disabilities, call (815) 987-8800.
From the May 9-15, 2012, issue